Sunday 12 May 2013

CHAIR MAKEOVER

I don’t know if you remember a few months ago, I wrote a post about some of the stuff I had inherited from my grandmother. One of the things I inherited was this chair and I briefly mentioned how in the 60's my mother painted the interior of my grandmothers summer cottage a bright orange. After this summer house was sold, this chair was the last remaining bit of orange. We used to spend most summers in this orange house when I grew up, and I loved how this chair was the last piece of this childhood memory. However, as it's over 50 years since it had been painted it definitely needed a new lick of paint! For a while I contemplated painting it mint green, but eventually decided to go for a lovely bright pink. I thought it’d be a nice pop of color, and I’m pretty happy with the result! Here's the before and after (with a fluffy pillow):


No comments:

Post a Comment