Sunday 2 February 2014

STOOL RECOVERY

I was in one of my favorite craft shops recently buying more yarn for my Morganite cardigan, when I came across this weird yarn on sale called RibbonXL. I’ve been wanting to crochet with one of these types of yarn things for a while now, and felt I had a little light bulb moment as I picked it up and envisioned a crochet cover for this old ugly stool I have. The stool has been in the house longer than I have, and has been used regularly. The top is worn and covered in paint stains, but it’s still a really good and sturdy stool.

I grabbed my size 9 hook and started crocheting, using a double crochet stitch. Since the yarn was so thick and the crochet hook so big, it was a pretty quick job. Once the cover was finished, I stitched it in place using the same yarn. The yarn is pretty stretchy, so the cover fit like a glove. 



I liked the end result, but I was a little unsure about the color at first. I didn't quite realize it when I was buying it in the shop, but it's a little mossy in person, and I think I would have preferred it to be more grey. I think it's grown on me now though, and it's a definite improvement from what the stool was like before!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Hilde!

    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! It is an award for up-and-coming bloggers that's about networking and discovering new blogs. I have gotten the award for the second time now and it has been fun to 'meet' other nominees and get to know people who have nominated me better! I hope that you will consider accepting the award and passing the award along! :) Either way I love reading your blog and look forward to reading your posts/connecting with you more in the future! :)

    Here is the link to the post which includes the instructions! :)

    http://simplyalexandramyfavoritethings.blogspot.com/2014/02/liebster-award-take-two.html

    XO

    Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så stilig! Og sikkert veldig godt å sitte på også :) Tusen takk for kommentar inne hos meg, jeg henger litt etter med å svare. Veldig hyggelig at du likte ideene, du får vise fram hvis du lager noen av de!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takk! :) mye bedre å sitte på nå en de var før hvertfall!

      Delete
  3. What a brilliant idea! I might go buy an old stool just so I can try this out!

    XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Så kult det ble!! Og så stilig garn du har funnet... minner meg om noe jeg kom over på Europris for en tid tilbake. Har enda ikke laget noe ferdig produkt av det garnet enda, men nå som jeg så dette fikk jeg lyst til å gjøre meg ferdig. :D
    Klem Madelén

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, det var et kjekt garn å jobbe med! Siden det er så tjukt så går det så fort å lage noe ut av det! :)

      Delete