Saturday 2 May 2015

DIY PRINTED BANNER

I don't usually blog much about work and I don't plan on starting, but I recently got the news that I would be offered a redundancy package. Being the least experienced and newest in the department, it wasn’t exactly a massive shock to me as they had announced that redundancies would be made earlier in the year, but regardless—that kind of news are never any fun. Either way, I’m pretty optimistic about the whole situation and new opportunities that will ultimately arise from this, and I’m confident that I’ll find a new job soon. And in the meantime, it’s just a little extra time to enjoy the summer, work on some projects around the house, and organize our wedding in August, right?

So with that in mind, I figured I’d make myself a printed banner with some wise words of wisdom printed on them. I've seen tons of these around the web, and I love how cute and simple they are. And the phrase is of course a reference to Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which I think might be one of my favorite books. I made the image using the font Langdonand I used this technique to print the image onto fabric. I don't have the best printer in the world, but i quite liked the worn effect I got here. I then hemmed the sides and used a large, wooden BBQ skewer to mount it on, and ta-da! I haven't quite decided if this will be going in our studio downstairs, or if it will be going next to our dog Bo's bed, as it looks pretty cute there and she's very nervous and panics about most things.

On a completely different note, today Graeme and I spent 4 hours in IKEA, waiting to order our kitchen. We usually try our best to avoid IKEA on a Saturday in the first place, but it was the last day of their special kitchen deal so all we could do was to suck it up with all the other kitchen buyers. More on this later!

2 comments:

  1. I love this. So sorry to hear about your job, but maybe now the perfect opportunity will present itself to you. :) I was going with the flow working a temp job with good flexibility (nothing I love) but then it turns out they loved me and have hired me as an assistant. With grown up things like benefits and paid vacation. What is this witchcraft? I'm sure you'll find a great new adventure soon. :) IKEA is so great. We finally got one here last September... and I have so much fun every time! Though yes, Saturdays are busy as can be! Good luck Hilde! XO -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. When one door closes, 10 others open, right? :)

    ReplyDelete