Thursday 5 May 2016

OLYMPUS OM10 / A WEEKEND IN OSLO

So my due date has come and passed, and there's still no sign of mini McMillan. To kill some time, I've been working on a new photo book. Just over a year ago, Graeme and I hopped on the train and headed to Oslo one weekend. Our trip was for wedding related business. In order for us to get married in Norway, we needed to visit the British Embassy so that Graeme could swear on a bible to prove that he was not already married in his home country. We found this whole concept hilarious (we're not religious in the slightest for a start), but decided to make the most of it and enjoy a lovely spring weekend away.


With a bit of luck I also managed to snatch my dream wedding dress that weekend. I'd tried it on in a shop in London, but sadly they only had one left that was just a little too tight. And by some bizarre stroke of luck, there was a girl in Oslo that weekend selling the exact same dress, only actually in my size. She'd bought it in New York for a wedding that had been put on hold, so the dress hadn't even been worn and still had the tags on. Graeme and I celebrated afterwards with a pint at Grunerløkka Brygghus.


These were all shot by Graeme (except for the one with Graeme in it) on the Olympus OM10 with 35mm film. I love this camera, and I've been using it quite a bit recently. I handed in a film to get developed last week, so I'm quite excited to see how they'll turn out!


No comments:

Post a Comment